The ReStore, run by Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County, is a building materials thrift store that sells donated materials and supplies at a discounted rate. The ReStore receives its items through donations made by retailers with discontinued merchandise, builders with unneeded material, and community members.
The ReStore has three goals:
- to raise money for the construction of more Habitat for Humanity houses in Tulare County
- to divert useable materials from the landfill
- to make usable materials available to the public at reasonable prices
ReStore-Hours, Location, and Contact Information
Closed Sunday & Monday
Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location:637 S. Lovers Lane, Visalia, CA 93292
Contact Us: 559.734.4056
Donate useable Appliances - Click for more information
Recycle your old appliances and metal!
Habitat for Humanity ReStore has recently become an “Metal Recycle” location. Bring in your old appliances and items containing metal and receive a tax deduction while helping us recycle items that would end up in the local landfill. Get that unsightly stuff out of your garage!
Shop at the ReStore and get Creative! Many businesses and websites are now featuring old items made new with a little paint and creativity. Use a window as a coffee table, or an old door as a headboard. Many of these items are available in the ReStore for a fraction of the retail cost. Start your treasure hunt here!
Lighting and Electrical – Click for more information
The ReStore accepts donations of usable building materials and supplies during the following hours ~ Monday – Friday, 9a.m. – 4p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Store Location: 637 S. Lover Lane, Visalia, CA 93292. Call 559.734.4056 to make arrangements for any necessary pick-ups.
You may receive the following benefits from your donation:
- Help Eliminate Poverty Housing!-All proceeds from ReStore sales goes toward the construction of more Habitat for Humanity homes in Tulare County
- Save Money-Donating materials to the ReStore reduces the amount of money spent taking unwanted materials to the landfill and it allows you to avoid hauling/trash disposal costs.
- Receive a Tax Donation-Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. All materials and money donated Habitat for Humanity of Tulare County and the ReStore are tax deductible.
- Save the Earth!-Recycling useable building materials helps conserve natural resources.
Types of Donations Accepted:
- Appliances – With ReStore Manager’s approval
- Bathtubs & Showers
- Cabinets & Cabinet Doors
- Ceramic Tile & Supplies
- Counter Tops & Vanity Tops
- Doors & Door Hardware
- Electrical & Plumbing Materials
- Faucets – Bathroom & Kitchen
- Furniture – With ReStore Manager’s approval
- Hand, Lawn & Power Tools
- HVAC Items
- Light Fixtures & Ceiling Fans
- Linoleum & Other Flooring
- Paint – Full Cans Only
- Roofing Materials
- Sinks & Counter tops
- Other Items – With ReStore Manager’s approval ~ Call our ReStore manager Anthony at 734-4056 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Volunteer at the ReStore!
Whether you want to learn new skills, use the skills you already possess, or just lend a helping hand you can find a place at our ReStore. The ReStore is looking for individuals, groups, or organizations to help in the following areas:
- Data Entry – Brush up on your typing skills while helping us enter donations into our database.
- Customer Service/Sales – Help us provide quality customer service to our customers. Work in our retail store helping customers find what they are looking for, answer their questions and/or direct them to the person who can answer their questions.
- Construction – Help assemble furniture for displays in our showroom. General construction skills needed.
- Cleaning and Organizing Donations – Once ReStore receives the donations they need to be cleaned, sorted, priced and placed in the appropriate location in the store.
- Donation Pick-Up – Many donations need to be picked up. Volunteers need to be able to lift, carry, and move heavy donations.
- Merchandising- Help organize and develop displays for our showroom. Volunteers need to be able to work well with staff, other volunteers, and customers.
- Warehousing-New donations are accepted daily. Help keep our warehouse organized and clean.
If you would like to volunteer please fill out our volunteer form or call 734.4040.